[fusion_builder_container hundred_percent=”yes” overflow=”visible”][fusion_builder_row][fusion_builder_column type=”1_1″ background_position=”left top” background_color=”” border_size=”” border_color=”” border_style=”solid” spacing=”yes” background_image=”” background_repeat=”no-repeat” padding=”” margin_top=”0px” margin_bottom=”0px” class=”” id=”” animation_type=”” animation_speed=”0.3″ animation_direction=”left” hide_on_mobile=”no” center_content=”no” min_height=”none”]
What a customer should expect from there fishing guide!
1.Show up on time
2.Provide a clean boat, be ready to fish.
3. Have gear/tackle ready to fish (new leaders or line, etc.) If clients wish to use their own rods, offer to do the rigging for them.
4. Give safety instructions for boat use, have PFD’s ready and in usable condition.
5. Cater to client’s needs while fishing. If they get a tangle, take care of it for them or be there to change lures and/or bait.
6. Pay attention to what’s going on. Keep boat in best position for the client to fish…not the guide.
7. Don’t fish unless invited by your client. If you are invited to do so, offer to the client for them to reel in any fish you hook especially when there are children aboard. You are not getting paid to have a day of fishing for yourself!
8. Be ready with the fishing net. Don’t tell other clients to net fish because you are too busy fishing yourself.
9. Have some kind words for your clients. Go easy on criticism, if any at all. Don’t talk down on their gear. Suggest using yours in a tactful way if their gear is inadequate.
10. If customer loose a fish, don’t automatically insult them for it. Even the best angler loses fish. If you notice consistent mistakes, take the individual aside and quietly counsel him on proper technique so he can keep his pride.
11. Upon landing of the fish, take care of the angler’s catch, unhook it, measure it, and properly stow or release it.
12. At the end of the day, provide assistants with directions, answer questions and thank them for spending the day with you!
Relativity simple rules for guides to follow and customers to expect!
Till next time tight lines and good fishing….
From Bass Online Staff Writer
BassOnline.com / 888-829-BASS